Welcome to the NIFC FTP Server, an official site for interagency wildland fire incident data and documents.
This ftp service is intended for short-term interagency sharing, not as a file archive or records repository. There shouldn't be anything here that isn't stored in a safer location, or much that carries over from season to season.
Many people have access to shared folders, so please retain copies of anything you post.
Data backups are not performed on the NIFC FTP Server.
Public Access Folders:
To access the FTP site please follow the three steps below. Steps 1 & 2 need to happen concurrently. PLEASE NOTE that we have had many potential users only complete step 1, without following up with step 2. Without step 2, the FAM IT helpdesk cannot assign you roles or access.
- You will need a NAP account to upload data or to access most of the areas on this site. To create a NAP account, please follow the directions posted here.
- In addition to requesting your NAP account, please contact your GACC representative or Authorizing Official asking them to grant you permission to access the desired directory or folder you need to perform your job. In your email or discussion with your GACC representative or Authorizing Official, be sure to ask them to approve this access and notify the IIA Helpdesk via their IIA-Helpdesk Contact us web page (click the "contact us" link). If you need further assistance, contact the helpdesk direct.
- Once you have credentials, you can access ftp.nifc.gov using WinSCP, Filezilla, or any number of programs that support FTPS or WebDAV. Access instructions are posted where links are provided. REMINDER: you can't view actual documents in most ftp viewers - download the file and view on your computer using appropriate software. In a an ftp viewer, a file often looks like machine garbage.
If you have questions and/or comments regarding the use of ftp.nifc.gov site,
(866)224-7677 or (616)323-1667
IIA Helpdesk via their IIA-Helpdesk Contact us web page (click the "contact us" link)
All information that is posted to ftp.nifc.gov must be:
- Public: Information that is non-sensitive, unclassified, not copyrighted, and viewable by everyone.
- Official: Only official information directly related to wildland fire may be posted.
Specific limitations include:
- No Individual Indian Trust Data may be posted.
- This site may not be used for distributing licensed software or any other licensed or copyrighted media. Posted files will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure appropriate use of the server. Inappropriate or unofficial postings will be removed and are subject to investigation.
- No information subject to the Privacy Act may be stored on this site.
National Interagency Fire Center
3833 Development Avenue
Boise, Idaho 83705-5354